Sunday, June 29, 2014

Color Blocking Four Ways for Sunday Stamps Color Challenge #79

Welcome back to another Sunday Stamps Color Challenge.  We are so happy when you can find the time to join our challenge and post your artwork in our gallery.  We love to visit your blogs and leave comments. Our challenge this week is to combine all the colors in this color graphic (neutrals are allowed).  The closest Close To My Heart colors are Topiary, Indian Corn Blue and Slate.  The closest Stampinup colors are Wild Wasabi, Marina Mist and Basic Grey.  Use what you have and have fun with the challenge.


Here is the collection of cards I made for this challenge--each using a different technique to apply color.


#1 Top Left--rubber stamp in the assigned colors. 
#2  Top Right--same rubber stamp but spritzed with water after inking and before application to paper
#3  Bottom Left--inked up acrylic block spritzed with water and sprinkled with sea salt
#4  Bottom Right--Masking Tape technique

Here are the tools I used to make the various cards:



Closeups:
Card #1


Card #2

Card #3

Card #4

Close To My Heart products used:
     White Daisy Paper
     Indian Corn Blue CS
     Indian Corn Blue Ink
     Topiary CS
     Topiary Ink
     Slate CS
     Slate Ink
     Versamark Ink (retired)
     Clear Detail Embossing powder (retired)
     Background Basics wood stamp (retired)
     The Present stamp set (retired)
     A Blossom stamp set (retired) (Our thoughts....and thinking of you)
     Casual Expressions stamp set (Thank You)
     Love Blooms stamp set (Hello)
     Spray Pen
     1" x 3" acrylic block

Other products:
    Sea Salt
    Painter's Masking Tape

I really haven't decided which technique or matting combinations I like the best.  Which one do you prefer?

I'm also entering this card into the Addicted to Stamps --Anything Goes Challenge


Now it's your turn to combine these three colors and link up to the Sunday Stamps Challenge blog.

We can't wait to see what you create using these colors!   Please use a direct link to join us here and include a link back to us in your blog post.  (Feel free to post our color graphic too to let your readers know about our challenge.)  You have until Friday, July 11 at 6PM EST to enter this challenge.

Please take the time to visit the rest of the Design Team's blogs and leave them some appreciation.  HollyJoanBrendaStephAngel and Kathya.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity! 

:) Marie

p.s. In celebration of their 100th challenge the Color My Heart Color Dare challenge blog will be offering a special prize--a new paper pack and matching complements from the new Close To My Heart catalog available August 1. Come check it out here.




4 comments:

ScrappyHorses said...

This is so fun! I'm not sure I like one technique more than the other; I can see them all in different projects! I need to make a quick sympathy card and I think I might use one of these applications. TFS!

Deborah Frings said...

I think the collection of four cards look great I think I like the slightly softer look on No 2/3, but they all look fab. Nice to see the techniques side by side. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Chris Dring said...

This set of cards is gorgeous! Love the slight variations you did, and I may have to try some of the techniques you used!

hollybeary creations said...

This looks like such a fun technique I need to give it a try..Your cards all came out great.. Great use of the challenge colors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...